Differential Geometry Notes Spring? 1989
by Bob Jantzen
Tensor algebra, curvilinear coordinates, manifolds, Riemannian and pseudo-Riemannian
geometry, some Lie group theory.
These are very rough notes written for one student in an independent study. See the more polished but not quite equivalent
notes from 1991.
- dgn1989-1.pdf Tensors on R^n
- dgn1989-2.pdf Determinants,
antisymmetrization, wedge products
- dgn1989-3.pdf Volume and determinants
- dgn1989-4.pdf Duality
- dgn1989-5.pdf Reinterpreting elementary
- dgn1989-6.pdf Wedge product and volume
revisited, inner products on V extended to tensor algebra,
missing section on the tangent space in multivariable calculus?
- dgn1989-7.pdf Coordinate transformations,
computing metric and connection components
- dgn1989-8.pdf Example of computing metric
and connection components: spherical coordinates